Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I have never regret switching job to H&M after completion of my poly studies. I remembered contemplating whether to change my previous retail job to H&M. And I can never forget how nervous I was on my first day of work. Working in the flagship store was a huge challenge, be it on or off floor. There were many things that I had to learn and do, and there were so many staffs in that outlet that it is impossible to befriend every single one of them. After the first day of work, I wanted to quit so badly that I told my previous manager that I had something to tell her. But after giving it a thought, I then decided to endure and continue working for at least a few months so that I can build up my resume. 

Then came one day when my current Store Manager asked me if I wanted to transfer over to another outlet which was then opening soon. I agreed immediately and prayed hard that I can be transfer out to a smaller store. After working at flagship store for 2 months, I was then transferred to VivoCity outlet. It is much smaller and less stress compared to before but I was still struggling to fit in and work with the rest. 

Over the months as I worked, I met new people and see staffs come and go. I was always counting down to the day when I will quit after attaining my driving license and chill before I leave for studies. However, as time passed, instead of feeling excited that I would be leaving soon, I feel more attached to the people and place and I have already established good friendships with colleagues and managers.

Albeit tiring, I cannot deny that working there was enjoyable. Having to wake up at 6am to prepare for work is no joke, especially if you get morning shifts all the time (but I cannot blame my manager for that, I was the one who requested for it). We have to do morning delivery everyday; opening the totes, unpacking the garments, tagging the garments and accessories with alarm tags, hanging the garments, morning briefing and running the garments and accessories. It has become a routine for me every other day. I spent 4 to 5 hours of my work time doing all these, and the rest of the day doing cashiering, fitting room and tidying the floor. I will never forget how we always chat, joked, and crazed around in the morning as we unpack all the clothes, how we complained about the number of totes that come each day, and how we sing and dance to the songs when the store operates everyday.

There were many times when I created problems for my colleagues, Responsible and Managers. But I am grateful for their understanding and help. Over the past 7 months at Vivo outlet, I have become closer with many of the staffs there and it is because of them that work has become more tolerable and manageable. Everyone sees me as the little girl and treat me well. I will never ever forget this experience and the people who have accompanied through the past 9 months of work.

Thank you, H&M.

1 Comments:

Blogger CIYUE! said...

OMG! LHB, I didn't know you still update your blog so frequently. I thought no one is using it anymore expect me. :D Hope to read more in future! Take care!

February 23, 2014 at 1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home